Srikandh- Easy Sweet for Krishna's Birthday

I remember my schooltime days, of Gokulashtami. We used to rush home from school, compete for putting krishna's footsteps with Riceflour and await the yummy yummy, seedai murukku etc amma and paati made for us.

Every single festival of Hindu religion has some distinct food flavours to it. Kozhakattai for Ganesh Chaturdhi, Pori urundai for Karthigai etc and I think the reason was " Its easy for children to adapt to religious traditions when they get some yummy food as well".

However, making vella cheedai was not an option for me with a 6- month old baby in hand. Hence I decided to give Krishna, a yummy sweet but a simple one.

Here is how I did Srikandh.

Thick Yoghurt- 2 cups
Pista and Badam- sliced (3 tbsp)
Cardamom- 1/2 tbsp
Sugar- 1 cup

I strained the yoghurt using a cotton (muslin) cloth and put it in the refrigerator for about 4 hours. It came to butter consistency after this.

Then, I added sugar, cardamom and the nuts and mixed well.

I am sure Krishna liked this sweet and we too loved it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dum Puliyodharai/ Puli Sadham/ Temple Style Tamarind Rice

Palak Paneer

Thamarai Thandu Vendhaya More Kozhambu (Dried Lotus roots and Fenugreek Gravy)