Sweet Corn Masala

This is a delicious side dish for any kind of Chapathis/Naans.

I did not use the canned corn, but bought full sweet corns from the market, peeled them and boiled them in pressure cooker for about 4-5 whistles.

Base for the Masala:

Red Onions: 3 finely chopped
Tomatoes: 2 finely chopped
Ginger: a small pinch
Turmeric power: 1/2 tbsp
Chilli powder: 1 tbsp
Kasoori methi: 1 tbsp
Full cream milk: 1/2 cup ( can be replaced with fresh cream too).



In a pan, I added 2-3 tbsp of oil and fried Onions and tomatoes adding ginger, turmeric powder first.
Once the onions started changing color, I added chilli powder and salt and added 1/2 glass of water.

Once the ingredients started boiling, I added the boiled corn shells and cooked in slow flame.
Then, I added milk and let the gravy cook well. I added Kasoori methi leaves and cooked for 2 mins and turned off.

This recipe, I picked from a Sindhi restaurant and it indeed was a delight to the tongue.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dum Puliyodharai/ Puli Sadham/ Temple Style Tamarind Rice

Sweet Potato Dosai (Sakkaravalli Kizhangu Dosa)

Thattu Idli without idli stand